Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fun: IT = Insomniac Tendencies

As the clock hits 12:00 am on this cool Wednesday morning, I sit down at my computer.

Reflecting back on what just happened. Just 3 hours ago, I received an IM from a friend that works right down the road from me. He was still at work, so I figured I would help him mentally unwind a bit.

Like most computer programmers, he tends to keep strange hours. But everyone in IT is used to that...it is almost the standard. For most of us, work is play...play is work.

Anyways, I show up and he starts to tell me about how he has been working since 9am. In my mind, I was thinking...well 12 hours, that isn't normal, yet it isn't too crazy either. But he didn't mean 9am Tuesday morning....he meant 9am Monday morning. He didn't go home last night.

He was pushing on 40 hours without sleep. lol

After dinner, he went back to the office and appeared to get back into "code mode", so I left.

Now it is almost 1am and he is still at work. His cat is most likely going insane without food.

Moral of the Story - Perhaps IT doesn't stand for Information Technology...maybe it means "Insomniac Tendencies ".

Many of the people reading this right now will understand this fact all too well. =)

Goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment