Wednesday, May 17, 2006

BackTrack Live CD: Pre-Release Beta Preview

This past weekend, I was given access to the latest BackTrack Live beta. This is a pre-release legal leak, so don't worry about that part =)

After booting up and looking over the tools quickly, here is what I have.

Kernel – Linux Slax 2.6.15.6
Firefox – 1.5.0.3
Nmap – 4.03
KDE – 3.5.0



There were several tools that were not totally up-to-date, like Ethereal, but I assume there will be another tool update before the finally release. It looks like they were right in the middle of a tool upgrade, I saw several version of John the Ripper and a couple of other tools. I did notice the new Metasploit 3 Alpaha in there as well. ;)





All the normal tools are included. Anyone that has used Backtrack before knows the list is huge, so I won’t even attempt to do that, but if you haven’t see the list – check it.



The new wireless driver switcher is pretty cool as well.

Nice work to the Remote-exploit.org team and all the testers.

I have to run back to work, but look for the new release really really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment