2) The first public beta of the BackTrack 2.0 LiveCD is out.
3) Nessus 3.0.3 W334 was released for the Windows platform - no longer beta. The Windows version of Nessus is getting better, but the reporting still isn't up to part with the Linux version.
4) On Oct 18th, Cain & Abel v3.0 was released. New features include:
- Support for AirPcap USB 2.0 adapter in Wireless Scanner
- Passive Wireless Scanner with channel hopping support.
- AirpCap.DLL dynamically linked.
- WEP IVs sniffer (Capture files are compatible with Aircrack's .ivs files).
- 802.11 capture files analyzer compatible with PCAP and Aircrack's .ivs file formats.
- 802.11 capture files decoder (support WEP and WPA-PSK encryption).
- WPA-PSK pre-shared key calculator.
- WEP Cracker using Korek's Attack (64-bit and 128-bit key length supported).
- Off-line capture file processing now compatible with Wireless extensions.
- Added G722.1 codec support in the VoIP sniffer.
- Added support fo Winpcap library version 4.0 and higher.
- OpenSSL library upgrade to version 0.9.8d.
- Winpcap library upgrade to version 4.0 beta1.
6) On Oct 1st, Aircrack-ng 0.6.2 was released. No more peek5.sys issues. See changelog for details.
7) Also on Oct 1st, HoneyTrap 0.6.3.1 was released. HoneyTrap is a low-interactive honeypot that collects information regarding known or unknown network-based attacks and thus can provide early-warning information.
8) On Sept 28th, OpenSSL released several new versions to correct four security issues.
9) On Sept 27th, OpenSSH 4.4/4.4p1 was released to correct several security issues. More details on the fixes in the changelog.
10) AOL just release WinAmp 5.31 that fixes several security issues outlined by iDefense.