Monday, October 2, 2006

Word on the Street - Microsoft's VML Patch

Via TheOnion.com -

Microsoft Releases Security Patch

Last week, Microsoft released a patch for a critical security flaw in its Internet Explorer web browser. What do you think?

Stefan Wells,
Campaign Consultant
"Well, this meets all the criteria for things I'm most terrified of: something I don't understand at all and refuse to learn more about."

Layna Torgerson,
Pest Control
"Thanks, but I'll pass. I kind of like how the Nigerians rearranged my desktop."

Greg Anderson,
Line Cook
"From what I gather, this patch works by plugging the remote code execution vulnerability in the VML, while a web page with VML when a rect tag is displayed in IE. Anyone who understands what this means has earned the right to attack my computer."

No comments:

Post a Comment