Saturday, April 14, 2007

Little Myspace Spammer Trick - Flag Link Overlay

Happy Saturday everyone.

About a month ago, I noticed a little trick that was being used by a small group of Myspace spammers. It is pretty simple, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere else.

So in the spirit of MOMBY and since I found it "in the wild" (& its pretty lame), I felt it was best to show the people.

It is in the same ballpark as CAU's Trojaned Navigation Menu.

This is a simple overlay trick that could be used in an SE attack. However in this case, it is being used to block an "enlightened" Myspace user from reporting the spam message back to Myspace.

Upon opening the message, I immediately noticed the missing blue lines in the top right hand corner (highlighted in red).



As you can see from the message code, the "check me out here" takes you to "meet Sash". Not really that fun of a time, I am sure. Lets keep looking....



Down at the bottom of the message, we see the overlay code. This code is creating the white box and fake "Flag" and "Spam/Abuse" buttons. In this case, they are just directing you to the standard Myspace error page.



The victim would attempt to be report the message and would be shown the standard error page, they would assume that Myspace is hosed...and would just delete the message.Good ole Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment