Hours after Pakistan rejected India's 6th dossier on the Mumbai terror attacks, sources on Wednesday told Times Now that the Interpol has issued more Red Corner Notices against two more 26/11 accused. This comes a day after they issued RCNs against Lashkar-e-Taiba founder chief Hafiz Saeed and mastermind of Mumbai terror strike Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
Sources have said that the Interpol has issued notices to Zarar Shah and Abu al-Qama for their involvement in the November 26, 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, which killed over 180 people.
India had earlier sent proof and requested for issuing a similar warrant against Lashker commander Zarar Shah and Abu Al Qama, to which the Interpol has said that it was analysing the evidence against them.
The Interpol has issued these notices after a Mumbai court issued a non-bailable warrant against the LeT operatives for their role in the November 26, 2008 attacks.
Besides Saeed and Lakhvi, two other top leaders of LeT -- Haji Muhammad Ashraf and Zaki-ur-Bahaziq -- have also been declared as terrorists by UNSC. India had sought a ban on JuD after LeT was blamed for the terrorist attacks in Mumbai.
The United States had sought a ban on Lakhvi, operations leader of LeT, who is suspected to have planned the Mumbai attacks, Ashraf, a JuD financier, and Bahaziq, an India-born Saudi national who was suspected of collecting funds for the banned organisations in Saudi Arabia.
According to an Interpol Press Release dated August 6th 2009...
INTERPOL’s National Central Bureau (NCB) in Islamabad, Pakistan, has issued a global alert for 13 individuals wanted by police authorities in Pakistan in connection with the ongoing investigation into the Mumbai terror attacks of November 2008.