The Microsoft Security Intelligence Report (SIR) is a comprehensive evaluation of the evolving threat landscape and trends. The information can help you make sound risk-management decisions and identify potential adjustments to your security posture. Data is received from more than 600 million systems worldwide and internet services.
Volume 9 of the Security Intelligence Report covers the first half of 2010 (January 1 - June 30) and is divided into five sections:
- Featured Intelligence for Volume 9 focuses on botnets and how to combat the threat.
- Key Findings reveals data and trends analysis captured by Microsoft security analysts.
- Reference Guide provides definitions for discussion points covered in the Key Findings.
- Managing Risk recommends techniques to protect your organization, software, and people.
- Global Threat Assessment looks at botnet and malware infection rates worldwide.