Friday, March 24, 2006

Attackers Use New IE Hole to Spread SpyBot

Vnuet.com -

-----------------------

Researchers have spotted a first exploit for an "extremely critical" vulnerability in Microsoft's Internet Explorer.

Visitors of the infected website will automatically be infected with a new variant of the Spybot worm. The malware opens a backdoor on the system and attempts to lower the security settings, effectively turning infected systems into zombie computers.

-----------------------

Now you know why I was talking about this very fact yesterday in my blog. So should I use the IE 7 Refresh or just use Firefox?? Umm..

Oh wait, Microsoft suggest I disable ActiveX all together. Wait, isn't that the only reason I use IE? They might as well suggest that I just use Firefox.

This event has caused the SANS Internet Storm Center to move to Infocon - Yellow.

Microsoft wants to believe that the "bad guys" learn how to exploit IE from Microsoft patches...sorry guys, that just isn't always true.

Stop, drop, re-code.

No comments:

Post a Comment