Saturday, March 25, 2006

Fun : Trouble at the OK Council

Ok, I saw this article as I was leaving work yesterday and couldn't get over it. Crazy! Much props to Johnny Hughes of CentOS.org for keeping his cool. http://www.centos.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=127

Make sure you read the full e-mails and then you will know why Johnny deserves a round.

It is very clear that Mr. Taylor has not idea what Linux is or how it works. CentOS is one of the best Red Hat Enterprise Clones on the internet. I have used it myself for many years on non-critical production servers.

Normally I wouldn't post things of this nature....but Taylor wanted it in the public eye.

"I have no fear of the media, in fact I welcome this publicity." - Jerry Taylor

But I have to give a hand to Jerry as well, he may not have been very familiar with Linux but he was working hard to protect the people in his town. I would hate to be a hacker going head to head with Jerry - that is for sure =)

No comments:

Post a Comment