Thursday, March 9, 2006

Starbucks As the New Office

Well, it is lunch time and I am sitting at Starbucks...having my second latte of the day. I know...too much...but that is another blog. A little background on me before I get to the point.

Back in my college days, I worked in the coffee industry for several years. Both in a family owned Italian coffeeshop and at a wholesale coffee importer / roaster. It is nice to have fresh roasted Jamaican Blue Mountain at your fingertip everyday. Technocrat Focus...

Anyways, the coffeeshops of today remind me of the pubs of old Europe. People came together over drinks...had a good time and sometimes new products and services were created.

You can't go to Starbucks without seeing at least three laptops or someone on a hands-free device talking about work...or sometimes a wedding planning party (I saw one last night at this exactly Starbucks).

Some people actually call Starbucks their "office".

A friend of mine used to work on a movie script at Starbucks everyday....I saw him there for weeks on end...everyday. He went to LA a couple of times...and I never saw him again.

Coffeehouses ARE the new office for many small businesses due to low-cost internet access and well-placed locations.

Well that is my crazy realization of the day. I am going to finish my coffee and get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment